BRIDGESTONE AUGUST 2021 VOLUNTARY RECALL
On August 18, 2021, Bridgestone Americas and Bridgestone Canada collectively issued a voluntary recall to recover eight (8) passenger tires that may have sustained a small pinhole in the outward-facing sidewall during manufacturing. The impacted tires were manufactured at the company’s passenger tire plant in Aiken, South Carolina between July 11, 2021 and July 17, 2021. To read more about this recall, visit the press releases for each region in the right column of this page. To determine if a tire is part of the voluntary recall, follow the instructions in the self-inspection video below.
If at any time, owners are unsure or uncomfortable checking their own tires, they may take their vehicle to a Bridgestone company-owned retail store or a Bridgestone/Firestone authorized retail location for a free inspection.
Tire Brands/Products Included in the Voluntary Recall:
- Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia tires in size P245/60R18 with DOT TIN Code 7X VD 423 2821
- Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires in size 275/55R20 with DOT TIN Code 7X Y1 DH7 2821
- Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus tires in size 235/55R20 with DOT TIN Code 7X 8A EC1 2821
- Bridgestone Turanza EL440 tires in size 235/60R18 with DOT TIN Code 7X 45 JB2 2821
- Firestone Destination LE3 tires in size 225/65R17 with DOT TIN Code 17X 2Y LE32 2821