Feb 12, 2020 Nashville, Tenn.
New Fuel-Efficient Bridgestone Ecopia Drive Tire Maximizes Tread Life and Lowers Costs for Commercial Trucking Fleets
The Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire is uniquely designed to increase tread life and significantly reduce rolling resistance for the long-haul and regional service fleets that we rely on, every day.
Ben Johnson, marketing director, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO)Click to Tweet
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (Bridgestone) today announced the release of the all new Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire, a SmartWay® verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant drive tire for tandem-axel applications in long-haul and regional service.
Engineered with proprietary compounds and an innovative design, the Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire offers fleets enhanced performance through an 8% improvement in rolling resistance and a 15% longer tread life1. In addition, the tire casing is specifically designed to pair with a fuel-efficient Bandag FuelTech retread to help extend tire life and further lower the total cost of tire ownership.
“Bridgestone is committed to making mobility more efficient for fleets, which is why we’ve equipped the Bridgestone Ecopia tire line with our most fuel-efficient and sustainable offerings to help fleets capitalize on the full performance potential of their valuable tire assets,” said Ben Johnson, marketing director, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “The Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire is uniquely designed to increase tread life and significantly reduce rolling resistance for the long-haul and regional service fleets that we rely on, every day.”
The Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire features several design advancements for improved fuel efficiency, including an IntelliShape sidewall that reduces overall tire weight to minimize rolling resistance1. The tire also leverages a proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound and patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology to reduce energy loss, helping to enhance fuel economy1.
Other features of the Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire include:
- 3D siping to provide 130% more- biting edges, which help increase traction across many road and weather conditions;
- An optimized belt package for casing durability and reduced tire weight1;
- A high-rigidity tread pattern to control movement of the tire’s tread blocks for less wear and lower rolling resistance;
- A continuous shoulder design to uniformly distribute weight and torque to prevent irregular wear; and
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance.
Fleets that use Bridgestone Ecopia tires in all three wheel positions may experience the Ecopia Effect™. For example, combining the Bridgestone R284 Ecopia steer tire, the Bridgestone M713 Ecopia drive tire and the Bridgestone R123 Ecopia trailer tire can help long haul fleet customers save up to $2,169 in fuel costs versus Michelin and $2,130 versus Goodyear.2
The new Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire is now available in size 295/75R22 and 11R22.5 in the U.S. and Canada, with sizes 295.75R24.5 and 11R24.5 available by March 1, 2020.
Media Contact: Jenn McCombs, (615) 937-4335
1. Comparison based on Bridgestone M713 Ecopia tire vs. Bridgestone M710 Ecopia tire from internal testing. Results may vary.
2. Disclaimer: Comparison based on Bridgestone R284 Ecopia Steer tire vs Goodyear’s LHS and Michelin’s X Line Energy Z tire; Bridgestone’s M713 Drive Tire vs. Goodyear’s G505D LHD and Michelin’s X Line Energy D tire; and Bridgestone’s R123 Trailer Tire vs. Goodyear’s LHT and Michelin’s X Line Energy T tire. Rolling resistance and wear results obtained from Bridgestone internal TLCC model which incorporates third party SAE J1269 rolling resistance testing and measures results over the life of the tire. Savings calculated assuming the average price of fuel selected by Savings Calculator user, 5/32nds pull point, 80,000 lbs. total vehicle weight, for a class 8 tandem-drive axle tractor and single trailer combination traveling 120,000 miles/year. Projected wear results based on field test data across multiple users in long haul fleet application. Projected wear of Goodyear FuelMax LHT assumes same wear as Bridgestone R197 Ecopia. Results may vary.