May 20 , 2020 Nashville, Tenn.
New Fuel-Efficient Firestone Drive Tire Provides All-Weather Dependability and Helps Lower Costs for Commercial Trucking Fleets
- The Firestone FD692 tire provides advanced traction in any condition with 400% more biting edges than its predecessor.
- Engineered for the drive position, the tire is designed for confident control in wet conditions with increased shoulder slots and deeper sipes.1
- The Firestone FD692 tire exceeds fuel-efficiency standards and is SmartWay® verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (Bridgestone) today announced the release of the all new Firestone FD692 drive tire, offering fleets a fuel-efficient, SmartWay® verified and California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant tire backed by the Firestone brand. Engineered with 400% more biting edges than its predecessor and Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake certification, the Firestone FD692 tire provides dependable performance in wet and winter weather conditions.
Wet Traction that Outperforms the Competition
In head-to-head internal testing, the Firestone FD692 tire had 5% wet better traction than the Goodyear Marathon LHD2 and Continental Hybrid HD33 tires and 10% better wet traction than the Yokohama 712L4 tire. In addition to its exceptional all-weather performance, the Firestone FD692 offering helps fleets reduce fuel costs without compromising on durability.
“Bridgestone is committed to making mobility more efficient for fleets, which is why we are launching the new Firestone FD692 fuel-efficient drive tire to help fleets capitalize on the full performance potential of their valuable tire assets,” said Ben Johnson, marketing director, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “This new tire is uniquely designed with the latest technological advancements to achieve the long-lasting wear, efficiency and dependability that hard-working fleets demand from their tires.”
Other features of the Firestone FD692 drive tire include:
- A high-rigidity tread pattern to control movement of the tire’s tread blocks for even wear and reduced rolling resistance;
- Proprietary sidewall technology and design to limit heat loss, improve fuel efficiency and reduce overall tire weight without sacrificing durability; and
- Stone rejector platform to increase retreadability of the casing by preventing trapped stones from pushing into tread grooves and piercing the tire’s belt layer.
The new Firestone FD692 tire is now available in four sizes in the U.S. and Canada. For more information on the Firestone FD692 tire and to learn more about the industry-leading Firestone 90-Day Buy & Try™ Guarantee5, visit https://commercial.bridgestone.com/en-us/index.
1. Comparison based on Firestone FD692 tire vs. Firestone FD691 tire from internal testing. Results may vary.
2. Comparison based on the Goodyear Marathon LHD vs. Firestone FD692 from internal testing. Results may vary.
3. Comparison based on the Continental Hybrid HD3 vs. Firestone FD692 from internal testing. Results may vary.
4. Comparison based on the Yokohama 712L vs. Firestone FD692 from internal testing. Results may vary.
5. Certain conditions apply. See warranty information for detail.
About Bridgestone Americas, Inc.:
Nashville, Tennessee-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (BSAM) is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. BSAM and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. BSAM also is engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produces air springs, roofing materials and industrial fibers and textiles. BSAM also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its global corporate social responsibility commitment, Our Way to Serve, the company is dedicated to improving the way people live, work, move and play in all of the communities it calls home.