Oct 28 , 2020 Nashville, Tenn.
Bridgestone Completes Bandag MaxTread Portfolio with New SmartWay-Verified and CARB-Compliant FuelTech Drive Retread
- The Bandag MaxTread FuelTech® Drive retread is designed to lower rolling resistance for fleets operating in truckload and less-than-truckload applications.
- Engineered for the drive wheel position, the SmartWay-verified and CARB-compliant retread delivers excellent traction on wet and dry surfaces and offers long, even wear.
- Bandag MaxTread tires are backed by a lifetime limited warranty featuring 100% coverage for the life of the tread.
Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (Bridgestone) today announced the newest addition to its existing Bandag MaxTread line, the FuelTech Drive retread for the drive wheel position. The MaxTread FuelTech Drive is a SmartWay®-verified, closed-shoulder retread engineered for fleets operating in over-the-road hauling services. Utilizing a special tread compound to lower rolling resistance and deliver excellent mileage performance, this retread is also California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant.
“The new MaxTread FuelTech Drive retread is a fuel-efficient tire solution that maximizes mileage and performance,” said Keith Iwinski, director of marketing, Bandag, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations. “Ideal for fleets operating in truckload and less-than-truckload applications, this drive tire position retread delivers reliable and sustainable tire performance positively impacting a fleet’s bottom line.”
The MaxTread FuelTech Drive tire is engineered to reduce energy loss, lowering rolling resistance for optimum fuel efficiency. The tire is designed for long, even tread wear with advanced technology that controls the movement of the tire’s ribs and tread blocks during rotation. The MaxTread FuelTech Drive tire also provides multiple gripping edges and a siped tread design to provide trusted traction on wet and dry surfaces.
Earlier this year, Bridgestone introduced the Bandag MaxTread line designed to deliver reliability comparable to new tires1, featuring quality Bandag retreads as a standalone, single unit tire solution, rather than a traditional tire cap and casing offering. The line includes trailer, drive and all-position fitments for light truck, waste, long haul, severe service, and pickup and delivery applications.
The Bandag MaxTread line includes nine popular Bandag retread patterns outlined below:
- Drive position: BDM, BDLT, BDV, DR5.3, DR4.3, FuelTech Drive
- Trailer position: TR4.1, Eclipse SST
- All-position: BRM
Each Bandag MaxTread tire is locally retreaded and backed by a lifetime limited warranty featuring 100% coverage for the life of the tread.2
To learn more about the MaxTread FuelTech Drive retread and the full line of Bandag retreads, click here.
- Golden, J.S., Handfield, R., Daystar, J. and, J. Woodrooffe (2018). Retread Tires in the United States & Canada: An Analysis of the Economic & Environmental Benefits for Fleet Operators and the U.S. Government.
- Conditions apply. Visit https://www.bandag.com/en-us/warranty-info for warranty details.
About Bridgestone Americas, Inc.:
Nashville, Tennessee-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. (BSAM) is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. BSAM and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. BSAM also is engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produces air springs, roofing materials and industrial fibers and textiles. BSAM also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its global corporate social responsibility commitment, Our Way to Serve, the company is dedicated to improving the way people live, work, move and play in all of the communities it calls home.