Bridgestone Corporation announced the winners of the "Bridgestone Group Awards 2019" at a ceremony held on March 27, 2019.
The Bridgestone Group Awards began in 2008 as an annual recognition program open to all employees and organizations of the Bridgestone Group. This recognition program confers the Bridgestone Group’s highest level of awards to promote greater employee awareness and engagement incorporate activities based on the Bridgestone Essence. Since 2017 the program has included five categories based on the Group’s “Our Way to Serve” global CSR commitment, which includes the three Priority Areas of Mobility, People and Environment, an Achievement category, which recognizes excellence in general corporate activities, and the Management Fundamentals category that includes the Groups foundation areas to drive sustainability. Award recipients were selected by a panel of judges comprised of members of global executive management.
In the 2019 Ceremony, a total of nine projects were recognized as exemplary initiatives, representingall of the company’s regions. The Bridgestone Global Awards represent an important channel for accomplishing the Group’s ultimate goal of becoming a truly global company and achieving the standing of “Dan-Totsu”—the absolute and clear leader—in all aspects of its business.
“Our Way to Serve” is meant to guide the Bridgestone Group’s ongoing development as a sustainable company and to accelerate fulfilling its mission of “Serving Society with Superior Quality.” Accordingly, these awards are an important driver of innovation and continuous improvement that helps ensure the Group’s ongoing competitiveness in a rapidly changing business environment.
The activities selected and recognized are as follows.
- Shaping Tomorrow: New Bridgestone Americas Headquarters (Bridgestone Americas, Inc)
- “Precision Docking” Tire and Curb Development for Barrier-Free (Universal Design) of Advanced Rapid Transit (Bridgestone CorporationBridgestone BRM Co., Ltd.)
- Driving Great Futures: Transporting More Youth Safely to Out-of-School Programming (Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC)
- Improvement of the Support System in Disasters (Bridgestone Tire Japan Co., Ltd., Bridgestone Corporation, Bridgestone Logistics Co., Ltd., Bridgestone Retail Japan Co., Ltd.)
- Bridgestone Indonesia Rescue Team for Community (P.T. Bridgestone Tire Indonesia)
- Reduction of Ground Water Use in Izmit Plant (Brisa Bridgestone Sabancı Lastik Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.)
- Safety Transformation Journey: New Approaches to Engage and Train Our Teammates (Bridgestone Europe NV/SA)
- “Global TQM Culture of Continuous Improvement" Together with “QMK Foundation” (Bridgestone Corporation, Bridgestone Americas, Inc., Bridgestone Europe NV/SA, Bridgestone Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.)
- The Launch and Implementation of Three Key Global Policies: “Global Sustainable Procurement Policy,”“Global Human Rights Policy,” and the “Bridgestone Code of Conduct” (Bridgestone Corporation, Bridgestone Americas, Inc., Bridgestone Europe NV/SA, Bridgestone Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., Bridgestone Singapore Pte. Ltd.)