Jun 13, 2016 Nashville, Tenn.
Bridgestone Introduces Two New Bandag Treads for Drive Applications
Bandag leads the market with high quality retreads that focus on delivering the lowest cost per mile to our fleet customers through the use of advanced compounds and tread design technology.
Ben Rosenblum, director of Bandag Marketing, Bridgestone Commercial Group
Bridgestone Americas (Bridgestone) today announced two new Bandag retreads, rounding out a trio of patterns designed to balance dependable performance and affordability. With tough compounds and robust designs, the Bandag DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads for drive applications help deliver longevity and long-term value without a premium price tag for truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL) and pick-up and delivery (P&D) fleets.
“Bandag leads the market with high quality retreads that focus on delivering the lowest cost per mile to our fleet customers through the use of advanced compounds and tread design technology,” said Ben Rosenblum, director of Bandag Marketing, Bridgestone Commercial Group. “With the launch of DR 5.3 and DR 4.3, along with the TR 4.1 trailer pattern introduced late last year, we’ve delivered a compelling balance of performance and affordability, all manufactured with a high quality retread process that has been a hallmark of Bandag for nearly 60 years.”
The Bandag DR 5.3 closed-shoulder drive pattern for over-the-road applications features:
- Robust, solid shoulder for long tread life and uniform wear.
- Aggressive lug pattern for strong traction.
- Stone rejecters to help prevent stone drilling.
- Trusted, proprietary compound that contributes to durability and wear life.
The Bandag DR 4.3 open-shoulder drive pattern for a variety of demanding on and mild off-road applications features:
- Wide center rib for stability and even wear.
- Open shoulder that provides strong evacuation and traction in adverse weather conditions, along with a strong grip for chains.
- Trusted, proprietary compound to contribute to long, even wear and durability.
Like the Bandag TR 4.1 tread pattern for trailer applications, the DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads from Bandag accommodate common casing sizes used in truckload, LTL and P&D services. The Bandag DR 5.3 and DR 4.3 retreads are now available through Bandag dealers in the U.S. and Canada. To learn more, visit: www.bandag.com.