TOKYO (July 5, 2023) – Bridgestone Corporation (Bridgestone) announced that has released its latest integrated report – Bridgestone 3.0 Journey 2023 Integrated Report – now available on its website1. This report provides a comprehensive understanding of Bridgestone Group’s approach and initiatives aimed at enhancing corporate value over the medium to long term.
Who we are
- Mission, Corporate Philosophy and Vision
- Our History of Taking on Challenges and the Bridgestone DNA
Where we are going
- Global CEO Commitment
- Bridgestone E8 Commitment2
How we get there
- 2030 Long Term Strategic Aspiration3
- Mid Term Business Plan (20021-2023) Progress Update
- Business Strategy and Progress
- Sustainability Business Model
- Highlights of ESG Activities
- Financial / Non-Financial Data
Under its unchanging mission of “Serving Society with Superior Quality,” Bridgestone Group has set forth a vision – “Toward 2050, Bridgestone continues to provide social value and customer value as a sustainable solutions company” – and is promoting a transformation to realize this vision, with the Bridgestone E8 Commitment as the axis.
The Bridgestone 3.0 Journey 2023 Integrated Report4 presents Bridgestone Group’s journey of transforming into a sustainable solutions company, while continuing to grow and place emphasis on the input of its stakeholders.
Global CEO Shu ISHIBASHI offers the following message regarding publication of the Bridgestone 3.0 Journey 2023 Integrated Report.
“In this year’s report, we tried to present a concrete image and progress regarding our 2023 Long Term Strategic Aspiration which we consider our roadmap for transformation. By sharing with you the path on which we are advancing, we hope you will join us on our journey to realize and support a sustainable society, while creating new value. Even in times when “change is becoming commonplace” we will transform change to opportunity, unperturbed by continuous change and remaining robust and flexible like rubber. With our passion to continue supporting the mobility of people and objects, Bridgestone will continue to accelerate our transformation to a resilient, excellent Bridgestone.”
The following is an overview of the topics, key points and activity progress5 reported in Bridgestone 3.0 Journey 2023 Integrated Report.
Who we are
- The Group’s foundation for its transformation toward the future; its history, its journey of taking on challenges and the Bridgestone DNA – focus on quality, respect for being on-site, being attentive and support customers’ problems and challenging spirit – which shaped and refined the company.
Where we are going
- The Group’s commitment toward realizing a sustainable society with the Bridgestone E8 Commitment and 2030 Long Term Strategic Aspiration as the axis, detailed through the Global CEO Commitment in the report.
How we get there
- Progress update of the final year of the Mid Term Business Plan (2021-2023) and plan for Mid Term Business Plan (2024-2026), which will be the important phase in evolving to the next stage. Both are aligned with the 2030 Long Term Strategic Aspiration as a roadmap guiding us through an era when “change is becoming commonplace.”
- Update of the Group’s effort to evolve its Sustainability Business Model to a regenerative business model, to realize carbon neutrality and a circular economy across value chain and to realize a nature-positive world where the Group can help stop and reverse the loss of natural ecosystems.
- Business strategy and progress update of premium tire business including the value creation through the fusion of ENLITEN™, which is the base technology for product design as the core for Bridgestone’s unique “new premium” and BCMA, which is the base technology for manufacturing and R&D.
- Update of a new core competency; activities to achieve sustainable motorsports by placing sustainability at the core, which restarts the Group’s journey for excellence to create a new brand power.
- Update of the sources of value creation; technology and innovation, talent strategy, intellectual property strategy and response to global management risk.
- Highlights of ESG activities:
- The Group’s approach and activities of being in harmony with nature, responses to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Task Force on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD).
- Its various initiatives with the aim of creating a society that is safe, secure and ensures accessibility and dignity for all, while proactively responding to the expectations of society and its stakeholders.
- Its activities related to governance, with messages from the Chairperson of the Board of Directors and the Chairperson of the Compensation Committee, which show the effectiveness of the Board of Directors in enhancing organizational resilience.
1 Bridgestone 3.0 Journey 2023 Integrated Report is available on its corporate website. https://www.bridgestone.com/ir/library/integrated_report/index.html
2The Group established its corporate commitment, the Bridgestone E8 Commitment, to realize its vision: “Toward 2050, Bridgestone continues to provide social value and customer value as a sustainable solutions company.” This commitment will serve as the Group’s axis to drive management while earning the trust of future generations. The Bridgestone E8 Commitment consists of 8 Bridgestone-like values starting with the letter “E” (Energy, Ecology, Efficiency, Extension, Economy, Emotion, Ease, and Empowerment) that the Group will commit to creating through Bridgestone-like “purpose” and “process”, together with employees, society, its partners and customers to realize a sustainable society. https://www.bridgestone.com/corporate/news/pdf/2023030101.pdf
3 2030 Long Term Strategic Aspiration https://www.bridgestone.com/ir/library/strategy/pdf/ENG_lsa20220831.pdf
4 The front cover design is a representative work of “Bridgestone Design”. Commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Group’s motorsports activities, its starting point as a tire manufacturer, speed and strength, which are key functions of motorsports tires, are expressed through the beauty of the circle.
5 Bridgestone’s past annual reports and sustainability reports are available on the company’s corporate website. Annual Report: https://www.bridgestone.com/corporate/library/annual_report/
Sustainability Report: https://www.bridgestone.com/responsibilities/library/index.html
6 The report covers the period spanning from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022 (some activities before or after the period also have been included).