May 10, 2016
Wilson Plant receives 13 safety and health awards
During the Wilson County Annual Labor Awards Luncheon, the Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations Wilson Plant received 13 health and safety awards from the North Carolina Department of Labor. Cherie Berry, Commissioner of the N.C. Department of Labor, was on hand to present teammates with the eight Gold Awards and five Silver Awards the plant received.
- Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, LLC - Silver Award, 3rd Consecutive
- Dept. 124 Beadmaking - Gold Award, 2nd Consecutive
- Dept. 132 Final Inspection Front End - Gold Award, 2nd Consecutive
- Dept. 133 Final Inspection Back End - Gold Award, 4th Consecutive
- Dept. 158 Waste Control - Gold Award, 5th Consecutive
- Dept. 161 Doping - Silver Award
- Dept. 173 1:1 Tire Assembly - Silver Award, 5th Consecutive
- Dept. 174 K1S Tire Assembly - Silver Award
- Dept. 177 MTS Tire Assembly - Gold Award, 2nd Consecutive
- Dept. 184 KBN2 Tire Assembly - Silver Award
- Dept. 791 Warehouse - Gold Award, 3rd Consecutive
- Dept. 831 Maintenance - Gold Award
- Engineering Department - Gold Award, 6th Consecutive
The Gold Award criteria is based on achieving a rate of days away from work, job transfer or restriction (DART) that is at least 50 percent below the Rubber Manufacturing Industry's average (less than/equal to 1.45). Companies applying for the
Silver Award includes lost workday cases but not restricted work activity, and the company must attain a rate for cases with days away from work (CDAW) that is at least 50 percent below the Rubber Manufacturing Industry's average (less than/equal to 0.90).
Congratulations to the Wilson Plant on these safety and health recognitions.